Accu-just hitch pins and tuning stability

Andrew and Rebeca Anderson anrebe@sbcglobal.net
Fri, 19 Aug 2005 16:30:39 -0500

Ron,
How long since the last tuning that it was 60 cents flat? The owner
didn't know.

More likely, it was strings rendering through the bridge over time
after you had done the pitch raise and left the building.
Yeah, but I work on other pianos that don't behave the same
way.  Vladan may have something on the pin-block fitting issue.
It did tune up solid while I was there and going over a second time
everything was still within 1/2 cent with a 5cent correction in one
pass.  I'll look closely.  I've just noticed the same thing on a
number of Baldwin grands and am looking for common denominators.

Andrew