Baldwin Designs, etc.

V T pianovt@yahoo.com
Fri, 19 Aug 2005 20:21:47 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Joe,

It never even crossed my mind to suggest that one
would adjust the plate height by simply turning the
bolts.

The obvious advantage of the system is that you don't
have to lift the plate out several times during
assembly while adjusting the height with dowels.

Add to that the vertical hitch pins with the
adjustable string height, and you have a system that
is much better suited for efficient and accurate
set-up in production.

Vladan

=======================
VT said: "I also like the perimeter bolts with the
adjustable plate height feature.  There again, the
production line may not have always done what was
intended."
This is a total and common misconception. The plate is
adjustable, ONLY when ALL of the plate bolts are not
engaged into the rim! Don't think I'd want to try that
while it's under tension!
Joe Garrett, R.P.T.

http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs