Differences Between Pitch Raise and Fine Tuning?

Joe And Penny Goss imatunr@srvinet.com
Sat, 20 Aug 2005 14:28:00 -0600

Hi Robert,
I will be the different one perhaps.
If the piano is 25 cents or less flat average pitch, usually it is a one =
pass pitch raise that takes me about 50 minutes followed by touchup of =
either the bass or tenor 10 minutes tops depending on what will make the =
piano sound good. If the piano is local 30 miles one way, =
stickvillehere, an apointment for a month to do string seating of top =
treble and fine tune. Further away seating and fine tune .
I am aiming to be arround 0 to 3 cents sharp or flat of 440, I would =
rather the sharp, as I find that just bumping the pin, in most cases, =
with the hammer on the pin will settle the pitch to where it is very =
stable.
Due to string breakage posibilities, 30 and larger to 100 cents takes me =
two raises, dont see much larger raises but every once in a while the =
170 raise is needed, but most of those are pianos that NEED condemed due =
to other problems.
Every time I have tried the blind pitch raise idea I have ended up being =
at that piano for hours <O:((((
So being a very lazy person------
BTW I use a SATlll.
One idea for you, is to force yourself to not fixate on the perfection =
of the unison in pitch raises, to develop your speed in fine tuning.  Do =
listen to what is going on but, join "move on . org" <G>
Joe Goss RPT
Mother Goose Tools
imatunr@srvinet.com
www.mothergoosetools.com