Question for tuner/techs who play.

J. Stanley Ryberg jstan40@sbcglobal.net
Mon, 29 Aug 2005 20:15:49 -0700 (PDT)

Date:Tue, 30 Aug 2005 01:34:52 +0100 (BST)From:"Robert Wilson" <pianotechnicianuk@yahoo.com>To:"Pianotech" <pianotech@ptg.org>Subject:Re: Question for tuner/techs who play.
Plain Text Attachment [ Download File | Save to Yahoo! Briefcase ]

Back in the 1970s a musical spiritualist medium calledRosemary Brown claimed to have written down piecesdictated to her by chopin (amongst others).  She gaverecitals and some of the pieces were recorded bycompetent concert pianists of the day.  She's now gone to join Chopin in the other place too!Bob

Ah, yes...Rosemary.  Under the tutelage (whilst dreaming) of Franz Liszt, as I

recall, though having heard the recording of her actually playing, she seemed not

to have learned a great deal!  Seems she was afraid of Bach (very stern) and

Beethoven (wild) and I seem to recall that she thought Brahms simply didn't have

anything to say to her (memory is shaky at that point).  Even Sir Jack Westrup

was convinced that it was not a hoax...though others...

Thanks for the memories..........

Stan Ryberg
Barrington IL
jstan40@sbcglobal.net