GPS, anyone?

Dean May deanmay@pianorebuilders.com
Tue, 30 Aug 2005 08:56:45 -0500

I use Microsoft Streets and Trips for a map program. It is cheap (about
$25) and one of the best I've used. They update it every year or two. It
will download regional maps to the pocket pc for when I am out tuning.
But if I am going on a long trip I always take my notebook computer. You
can even find restaurants at upcoming intersections.

Sam's is now selling Streets and Trips bundled with a GPS locator for
about $100. I must get that for my next trip.

Dean
Dean May             cell 812.239.3359
PianoRebuilders.com   812.235.5272
Terre Haute IN  47802

-----Original Message-----
From: pianotech-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:pianotech-bounces@ptg.org] On
Behalf Of Piannaman@aol.com
Sent: Tuesday, August 30, 2005 8:30 AM
To: pianotech@ptg.org
Subject: Re: GPS, anyone?

In a message dated 8/29/05 9:39:21 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
roy.peters@mindspring.com writes:
Sounds good.  I'll check it out.
Any software I have loaded works fine.  I use Pocket Informant, Tunelab
Pocket, etc. No problems......
It could be that the newer operating systems fix some of these problems.
My Dell Axim uses Pocket PC 2002.  I've been under the impression that
you're stuck with the OS that comes with it.

I have a friend who uses one a newer Dell with a built-in wireless card.
That seems to work really well.

Roy Peters

Roy,

My first IPAQ had Pocket PC 2002 as an operating system, and it ran
Mapopolis no problem.

I'll bet you can change the OS, but it probably costs 3/4 the price of
buying a new Pocket PC.

Dave