Arledge Bass strings

Erwinspiano@aol.com Erwinspiano@aol.com
Sun, 3 Jul 2005 18:41:55 EDT

Tremaine
   Nice to hear form you. Well ,I guess if I  like the sound of the old L
strings I could simply measure I.D. & O  D. , have them rerpoduced & just forgo
the scaling altogether except I'm  interested in accurate measurments & even
tensions.. So how does one know if  the tension programs one is using is
actually the ( correct) one?
  Ari Isaac was the one I had the experience with the L  strings many loong
years ago. His scaling for my taste was always (almost way to  heavy & irratic.
In fairness he' probalby learned a few things since then as  we all have but
I never hear from any one on this list that uses them. I do  know one can
scale a stwy B set to heavy & kill the sustain & natural  beauty of a stwy Bass
end.

   AmHIK.
   Dale

The Sanderson (Pscale) Break Percent formula calculates the top 10  bichords
of an original Steinway L scale to be in the 55% to 67% of Break  Point range.
In fact, from what I have been able to determine, the Sanderson  formula
calculates Break Point at about 4% higher than whatever formula  Del is using.

Given that the tensile strength of today's wire is said to be higher, I  just
interpret the Sanderson calculation with this in mind.

Tremaine Parsons