Reading a dial gauge

David Love davidlovepianos@comcast.net
Tue, 5 Jul 2005 15:03:27 -0700

 =20
So I picked up this dial gauge from Schaff and I'm not really sure how =
it
works.  The center prong is the plunger and the two outer prongs are 1" =
from
the center.  The smallest increments that can be read are .001".  So if =
put the plunger on the center of the bridge with the two outer prongs
resting on the front and back segments respectively, does a reading of =
.018"
equal 1 degree?  Or would that be 1/2 a degree since the total reading =
must
be split between the two prongs at a total of 2" apart? =20

Yeah, I shoulda paid more attention in trig class. =20

David Love
davidlovepianos@comcast.net =20

A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: Dial Gauge.JPG