Steinway d-rolled bridge saga- report

David Renaud drjazzca@yahoo.ca
Sat, 9 Jul 2005 08:57:51 -0400 (EDT)

You wrote:
David R has made this public.  Assuming his assessment
and observations are correct, what does it
mean for any of us (or our clients) if we cannot see
this situation successfully resolved?
David Skolnik
-------------------------------

Good questions.

  My observations were followed up by my booking 2
other RPTs, independently to follow up. Both saw and
confirmed the results firsthand. Thus I have some
degree of confidence that I am on track here.

  Someone asked about crown. Yes there is crown left
on the board. It bas been suggested by more then one
person that perhaps the bridge was carved this way....
...inverted slope. Especially since even the bass
bridge is inverted. I have seen stranger things.

   To me, the problem itself questions not the
company's quality, stuff happens, everyone messes up
from time to time...everyone. It is all about how
one handles the problems when they do occur. Every
technicians, and cooperation has had problems, not
everyone wants responsibility.

   So, they are sending someone next Thursday.
I will look forward to reporting on the outcome
Thursday night.

   Let me say on another note. Without support as
demonstrated my by Chapter PTG members, these
opportunities to learn through problems over the years
would never be so educational, and I would have never
come to the place I am now in my business.
   The support structure I have experienced,
and the pool of collective knowledge are my top 2
reasons to respect PTG.

                             Thank You
                             Dave Renaud