Upright Damper Felt

Piano Forte Supply pianoforte@pianofortesupply.com
Sat, 09 Jul 2005 23:00:43 -0700

Hello Michael,

Interesting you should mention Wurzen felt in the context of piano
dampers.  I recently received from Jack Brand, owner of the Wurzen
factory, some samples of damper felt they can now produce.  After a lot
of investment and developmental work they feel they have come up with
the ultimate in damper felt.  And I must say, Jack Brand's enthusiasm is
contagious.  This guy knows his felt!  It is a very, very fine quality
of felt of different densities and layerings (horizontal/vertical) for
both the treble and the bass sections.  Apparently, designing a machine
that would cut the wedge felt strips was a real challenge.  Presently,
they are offering this felt to me only in strips.  The idea is to get
into secondary processing down the road, e.g. gluing on backing strips,
cutting the felt into blocks and boxing it, etc.  Until that actually
happens, I plan to bring in some of their strips for my own use as well
as for any interested parties out there.

Not that the European felt I have been using is not good - but the
Wurzen material is even better!

Jurgen Goering
www.pianofortesupply.com
"we DO have the good stuff, but we're always looking for even better stuff!"

PS Terry F.: nice photos of the dampers.  Next time, could you please
send them right side up so I don't have to turn my monitor upside down
to view them properly?? <g>

Michael Gamble wrote:

> Hello Farrell and List
> This looks identical to the damper felts I get from Fletcher & Newman
> - "Best French Damper Felt"  - pre-cut and stitched and a real joy to
> use. I wonder what Andre and his Wurzen felt will come up with? You
> are lucky indeed to have Jurgen as a supplier!
> Michael G.(UK)

--------------030404090501000503000800
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

--------------030404090501000503000800