Plate Horn

Overs Pianos sec@overspianos.com.au
Sun, 10 Jul 2005 23:42:50 +1000

Hi Terry,

Re your other post you sent to show the drilling for vertical
hitches. That looks to be a very nice bridge you've got sitting up
there on the Knabe board. Nice work.

>Is your strut (rod) straight? It appears slightly curved in the
>picture, but that may not be real (may be picture distortion).

Yes its barrel distortion in the camera. The strut is straight.

>  Is the strut fixed to the plate somehow, or does it just butt up to
>a flat spot on the plate, thus allowing one to rotate the strut to
>adjust its relationship with the plate?

The strut has a taper turned onto the two ends. The plate has a small
countersunk hole drilled into the plate to locate the strut. The
belly rail fitting is wound right in, the plate is fitted to the
case, then the strut is positioned as the fitting is wound out to
take up any lash. I don't pre-load it. The fitting is would out just
enough to hold the strut in position. You'll notice that the
sostenueto bracket has been shortened to allow enough space for the
strut mount.

Ron O.
--
OVERS PIANOS - SYDNEY