wax paper

Farrell mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com
Thu, 21 Jul 2005 08:53:47 -0400

------=_NextPart_001_00D7_01C58DD1.B50D34B0
Yup, to the best of my knowledge, when working with epoxy, you have your =
choice of three types of non-epoxy-stick materials to use: wax paper =
(which I have never used - but I'm sure is a fine non-stick material), =
aluminum foil, plastic wrap (saran wrap) and plastic sheeting (various =
thicknesses). Aluminum foil can stick a little bit - especially in =
corners, etc. but it is so darn malable. Use just a thin plastic wrap =
(from the grocery store) on small parts when you don't want folds molded =
into the final procuct - usually small epoxy repairs. I use plastic =
sheeting for most epoxy work. Below is a picture of epoxying together =
long-bridge-root laminates - set in a trough of epoxy formed with =
plastic sheeting. Plastic just peels off - no problem. And it's tougher =
than wax paper - it won't tear.

Terry Farrell

> I'm sure this is old news to most but I did an epoxy repair today and =
following advice I probably heard on the list, put wax paper between the =
c-clamp/clamping wood block surfaces and the pieces being glued.   No =
sticking, epoxy overflow was smoothed out like a thin sheet of glass.   =
This was a particle board music rack on a console.  3 pieces gluing back =
onto the music rack, all joined together...oh joy!
>=20
> David I.

------=_NextPart_001_00D7_01C58DD1.B50D34B0
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...