Strip mutes was . . Re: Moving from Uprights to Grands

Byeway222@aol.com Byeway222@aol.com
Thu, 21 Jul 2005 10:27:36 EDT

Hi Jim,
Ten out of ten for your witty comments, but isn't  there an argument  to be
had here?  Didn't
some of those characterful old guys who taught many of us our craft have
something.  I spent some of my career teaching technicians and although I  was
more liberal than my own teachers, I favour a teaching technique which
'overstates' and sometimes exaggerates the importance of something in order to  allow
for a safe margin of probable fall-back.  Some of  my own personal learning
experiences have been all the more successful  for having been 'thrown in at the
deep end' and made to get on with it.  A  bit old fashioned, I agree, but it
works wonders for some people.  What  about my point, 'is the muted
temperament exactly the same when you return  to complete the unisons'?
Ric