Yamaha repetition lever adjusting screw question

Geoff Sykes ivories.52@earthlink.net
Fri, 22 Jul 2005 12:24:06 -0700

Greetings all --
=20
I recently came upon an approximately 30 year old Yamaha G2 in very bad
repair. Among many other things in such sad disrepair on this piano are =
the
repetition adjusting screws. These appear to be Renner style whippen's, =
(see
Schaff page 114, item 931RJ), and all the felt pads that go between the
screw head and the top of the repetition lever have decomposed and many =
have
disappeared entirely. Strangely, the buttons all seem to be in place. At =
cost of almost $700 in parts alone to replace the entire set of =
whippen's my
guess is that it's going to be more economical to repair them. However, =
can't find that felt punching in the catalog so I don't quite know what =
ask for. So, today's questions are...
=20
: Is that felt punching the same as a thin balance rail felt punching? =
If
not, what do I use?
=20
: Has anyone else done this, and how long did it take? Including =
correcting
the regulation afterwards.
=20
Thanks all --