Stretching the Treble

Erwinspiano@aol.com Erwinspiano@aol.com
Sun, 24 Jul 2005 16:43:06 EDT

David
   I learned & tuned aurally 12 years before Norman Neblett  introduced me to
the Sight -0_-tuner with Nob pots in 1980. I passed my  exams before I
started using the machine & passed at examiner levels   & then when I incorporated
the ETD with my aural protocols & could then  tune more pianos per day with
less stress. ie. More money, happpier homies ,less  crabby me at 5:00 pm.
    I love the ease & accuracy of the Sanderson pitch  raise program.
   Dave, this is so true. If everyone had the advantage of  learning aurally
first & then changing to  the ETD it can be such  an aid to get the piano
stable quickly with out the expenditure of much Aural  energy to gittir  there.
Then your finest motor & hearing skills  are fresher for the final fine tuning
& as John said can make the machine  hear the way he does.
   Dale

The better your ears and body can tune, the better you'll be  able to use a
tool like an ETD if you wish. The more you use your  body, including your
ears, as the greatest tool, and involve it in really,  really listening to
the piano and FEELING the piano, the more you can hear  the subtle nuances
of tone and color that pianos can offer, and that great  players &
appreciators can hear.

David  Andersen