Howdya get CA off of polyester???

Farrell mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com
Fri, 29 Jul 2005 05:33:45 -0400

And then of course, have your buffing wheel available!

Terry Farrell

  I have scraped it off with a razor or knife and then dressed the =
finish with a little 4/0 steel wool. You could even use some 600 =
sandpaper first and then the steel wool. Try an inconspicuous area first =
to see how it is going to look on the finish. But if you can hardly see =
it now probably hitting a couple of times with the steel wool will make =
it disappear.=20

  =20

  Dean

  Dean May

  I just finished tuning a satin walnut polyester piano that has a few =
loose pins.  It's a couple of years old, and still under warranty, but I =
figured I try to CA a couple of pins anyway. =20

  =20

  Just to prove that performing that operation requires care and =
patience, I spilled a very small amount on the keyslip....:-([(

  At least it isn't laquer.  I got most of it off before it had time to =
set, but as we all know, the stuff dries durned fast!  So there are a =
couple of very small marks on the front. =20

  =20

  The finish doesn't appear to be damaged at all, and it's hardly =
visible, but I can see it.  I'd like to do right by the customer and get =
it off if possible, but I didn't want to apply chemicals that might take =
the finish off in conjunction with the glue...

  =20

  If any of you have an idea about how to remove this stuff, please let =
me know!

  =20

  It's always on the fourth tuning of the day...

  =20

  Thanks in advance!

  =20

  Dave Stahl