Bachcheck Remover

Fri, 29 Jul 2005 21:45:52 +0100

------=_NextPart_001_0361_01C59486.E4688230
Seems a good idea Warren, so long as they're not screwed into the tail =
end of the key! Another device would be the hammer shank extractor with =
one of those thumb-screws (or butterfly, or...)
Regards
Michael G.(UK)
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Warren Fisher=20
  To: Pianotech=20
  Sent: Saturday, July 23, 2005 10:08 PM
  Subject: Bachcheck Remover

  It's been awhile since I changed any backchecks. In the process of =
figuring out how I would do it I stumbled on to this method. A scrap of =
3/4 inch plywood sitting on the lift felts and a small prybar pulls it =
straight out of the hole.  A bit of serendipity is that the prybar =
pressing on the plywood holds the end of the key down so it doesn't =
move.
  Anybody else do it this way?
  Warren

  Warren Fisher- Navy Retired - Slidell, Louisiana=20
  98 2500 Dodge Cummins TD, DTT Auto, Smart Controller, E-Brake, ATF, =
EGT, and Boost gauges, Mag Hytec tranny and differential pans, Aux. =
tranny cooler, 4" exhaust, monster air filter, engine 125 hp upgrade.
  02 Titanium fiver 28E33, aerodynamic front end, 2-120W solr panls, =
Friendship 2000 invrtr,=20
  four Lifeline absorbed glass mat battries, Honda 5000 genset

------=_NextPart_001_0361_01C59486.E4688230
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

------=_NextPart_001_0361_01C59486.E4688230--

A non-text attachment was scrubbed...