VERDIGRIS IS COPPER CORROSION

Erwinspiano@aol.com Erwinspiano@aol.com
Sat, 30 Jul 2005 09:56:26 EDT

Jurgen
   I have to respectfully  remonstrate strongly  about the notion that one
has simply to re bush & repin A verdigris steinway  flange & it will be fine.
Having done this I can assure ONE & ALL  that the green crud will come back.
Why? because the problem is in the  wood. I re-pinned my own L many years ago It
took more hours to do than the cost  of a new set of shanks & the time to
travel them & it didnt' last but  half a year. I've treated them in
percholrethelene, Lubed them with whatever.  Nothing is permanent & it's a waste of time &
the clients  money
  So  Why do  folks want to keep promoting the  myth that this garbage can be
succesfully repaired? IT CAN'T. Even if parts  can't be had it's still not
the solution.
  Respectfully
  Dale Erwin

the  bushing.  I am talking about flanges that weren't dipped in a
"preservative" like so many of the old Steinways.  I believe on these  actions, one can
get very good results by rebushing the flanges.  A lot  of work, no doubt,
but the only way to go if parts can't be  had