Tuning price

Jack Houweling JackHouweling@dccnet.com
Tue, 21 Jun 2005 19:46:08 -0700

Hi Everyone,  It was nice to meet you all in K.C.

Check out these two stories on pricing.=20

A man had a persistent squeak in his floor . He  called a carpenter who =
friends said was a true craftsman. The craftsman walked in the room and =
heard the squeak. He pulled out a hammer and nail, and pounded the nail =
into the floor with three blows. The squeak was gone forever.
The invoice total was $45. Above that total were two line items:
    Hammering, $2.
    Knowing where to hammer, $43.
   =20

What is talent worth? Consider this story about Pablo Picasso. A women =
spotted Picasso sketching at a sidewalk cafe' she asked if he might =
sketch her, and charge accordingly.
Picasso obliged. In just minutes, there was an original Picasso.
"And what do I owe you?" she asked.
"Five thousand francs," he answered.
"But it only took you three minutes," she politely reminded him.
"No ," Picasso said. "It took me all my life."

Charge for knowing or by the years.

Jack Houweling