repairing chipped plate

Barbara Richmond piano57 at insightbb.com
Sat Apr 1 09:33:45 MST 2006

Oh, crud.  It finally happened to me.  A tool went flying and made a nice chip in the big, fancy grand I was working on.  #$&%

I searched and found a nice post from Jon Page about spraying from a can into a small cup and using an artist's brush to apply the mixture.  (I went back to find the post, but couldn't find it again.  grr.)  Except, of course, I don't have a can of the original finish and will have to mix to match the color.  Sure wish I had some paint chips (so to speak) of those different colors of bronzing powders--I'm not a rebuilder so bronzing powders aren't (normally) in my inventory.

Anybody know where I could get smaller quanitites of the powders.  I googled but didn't find much.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Barbara Richmond, RPT