9 Foot Kimball

Dave Davis davistunes at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 5 19:37:56 MDT 2006

I got a call to go take a look at a 9 foot Kimball. The potential buyer & seller couldn't find a serial number, looks like the plate has been painted, and they looked in the *normal* spots I could think of over the phone...under keybed, soundboard, etc. Anyone have any other thoughts where secret Kimball serial numbers might be located?

Also, any info on when and how many 9'ers might have been made? A colleague says he saw one in LA about 25 years ago.

Dave Davis, RPT