String bearing point lubrication

Mark Schecter schecter at pacbell.net
Wed Apr 5 22:09:47 MDT 2006

Hi, Geoff.

I take a little 3/4" or 1" square of back rail felt and hold it in a
pair of long tweezers - I've been using the same piece for years. I then
squeeze a few drops of ProTek (not Prolube) and spread it where I want
it, including the places you mention. It's thinner than Prolube, and as
soon as the solvents evaporate, it's dry.

-Mark