CA glue on loose hammers

Joe And Penny Goss imatunr at srvinet.com
Sun Apr 23 09:39:29 MDT 2006

Hi Again,
You have two different wood fiber ends that have totally different
absorbsion rates.
This requires two applications of CA. The first to just seal the fibers and
the second to fill the voids.
On both bridge pins and tuning pins I find it wise to make two passes if I
really want to tighten things up <g>
Treat all treble bridge pins one pass then start over.
The natural 6% or more moisture in the wood is enough to set the thin glue
enough in a minute or two.
Even when one is very careful, on the second pass on tuning pins, it
sometimes results in a little glue running where you do not want it, but to
clean it away, one can use ( I use "Bounty" ) paper towls to wick up the
excess by using a screw driver to push the paper between the strings. The
glue sets up and drys on the paper rather fast and does not attach to the
strings or plate if one moves right along making more than one pass.

Joe Goss RPT
Mother Goose Tools
imatunr at srvinet.com
www.mothergoosetools.com