voicing tools

Dave Doremus algiers_piano at bellsouth.net
Fri Aug 4 18:55:01 MDT 2006

On 8/4/06, Jurgen Goering quoth:

>Two specialized tools are pictured below.  One is the "Orca" single
>needle voicer.  It has the needle mounted in a sphere which can be
>fixed so the the needle points in almost any direction.  The other
>is a ring voicing tool which can be held between fingers or worn
>like a ring.

Speaking of voicing tools, I have a homemade 4 needle shallow voicing
tool which I use a lot for sugarcoating and soft pedal voicing. Does
anyone sell a good voicing tool which holds 4 needles fairly close
together in a line? I have to cut a new dowel and glue in needles
every time I need to change something, not that often but I thought
there must be an easier and prettier way....
--
----Dave