Piano History question

Dean May deanmay at pianorebuilders.com
Sat Aug 5 20:05:09 MDT 2006

You can also identify the LaPetites by looking at the whippens, they are
compressed in size and the flange is horizontal with the screw going in from
the top. This style of whippen was also used in the later (Jasper) 5'2
models.

The Chicago made 4'7" had normal size whippens with flanges mounted in a
traditional vertical orientation. Overall it was a much better piano than
the LaPetite. In my opinion it was the best 4'7" grand piano I've ever seen.
It baffles me why Jasper didn't just copy their original small grand.

Dean