[CAUT] bechstein

David Love davidlovepianos at comcast.net
Mon Aug 7 11:43:47 MDT 2006

You may not have to go as far as you think, however, if you are selecting
the hammer because of its weight then you would be defeating the purpose by
reducing it significantly.  Best thing to do is figure out what kind of
strike weight curve you can accommodate with the existing leverage and then
work backwards.  If you are confident in the 5.7 R average then you can
calculate the SW for any given note with a given BW and then match it to a
strike weight curve.  For example:

This is with an estimated shank weight of 1.6 grams and maximum Front
Weights with a Balance weight of 40.  You can see what your likely maximum
hammer weights will be.  This is on the upper end of strike weights and I
think gives you plenty of room.  Of course, this assumes that the SWR is
about right.

SW

HW

Hyp FW