answer cell phone in customer's homes?

piannaman at aol.com piannaman at aol.com
Mon Aug 21 07:47:33 MDT 2006

It usually depends on the situation.  If I'm doing a warranty tuning--a less frequent occurrence these days--I have no problem taking the phone into the house, but I usually leave it off.

If there's some kind of pending family emergency, I keep my phone on in the customer's house and answer if it's an important call.

I normally leave the phone in the car and check messages between appointments.

If for some reason I do need to use the phone during an appointment, I always make up the time at the other end...at which point I sometimes need to call my next customer with my cell to inform them I'm going to be late.

Since my cell phone IS my business phone, that's the number customers get.  Most people leave a message.  Those that can't wait are probably price shopping, as previously mentioned.

Dave Stahl

Dave Stahl Piano Service
650-224-3560
dstahlpiano at sbcglobal.net