Faster Action

Joseph Garrett joegarrett at earthlink.net
Tue Aug 22 21:29:52 MDT 2006

Bill Peterson asked: "I seem to remember a thread about a faster whippen or a new vertical with a much better grand type feel. I would appreciate any information on this."

Thank you,

Bill Peterson former So.Bay Chapter

Bill,
You are probably referring to the Fandrich Action, invented by Darrell Fandrich. It is, IMO, the only significant improvement to an Upight for over 100 years. Yes, it does play like a grand. It must be regulated like a grand, as well. If a tech attempts to regulate it like an upright, he/she will be in deep doo-doo.<G>
Darrell has several versions available, on a regular basis. Any serious player, who can't afford a grand or doesn't have the room for a grand, needs one of the Fandrich & Sons Uprights, IMHO!!
Regards,

Joseph Garrett, R.P.T.
Captain, Tool Police
Squares R I