lesser of touch weight evils...

Barbara Richmond piano57 at insightbb.com
Wed Aug 23 02:41:33 MDT 2006

Hi Ric, Jonathon, David, all,

Sorry if I jumped the gun.  I get hit with bouts of enthusiasm at times and
think out loud.  :-)

Well, I have the action home for a few days.  I will shape hammers, do some
repinning, clean & lube, etc., etc.,... do as much of a survey as possible,

Actually, whoever did this rebuilding, did a nice job with what was
available at the time.  Newer style capstans (still at an angle), newer
keytops that may have replaced a bad keytop job, because there is new wood
on the sides of the white keys. During a quick look I realized that many of
the leads are covered by new wood--the only indicator of some of them is
the little drill bit tip hole on the "other side" of the key. Hmm, that
might make things interesting!

My biggest challenge right now is since I'm still recovering, I'm not quite
up to a whole day's work--it's going to take a little while to get to
everything.

Later,

Barbara Richmond, RPT