lesser of touch weight evils...

Ric Brekne ricbrek at broadpark.no
Wed Aug 23 03:12:06 MDT 2006

Hi Barbs.... can I call you that ?? :)

When you looked at the key leads quickly did you have a chance to see roughly how many and what size were installed in keys from each section .. or get a sense of how much mass (low, medium, or loads) there was ?

Curious.  Looking forward to hearing more on this. Angled capstans still eh.. but changed... I wonder why. I've found that old dark greyish stuff to polish up nicely and get slick as a whistle.

Cheers
RicB

Hi Ric, Jonathon, David, all,

Sorry if I jumped the gun.  I get hit with bouts of enthusiasm at times andthink out loud.  :-)

Well, I have the action home for a few days.  I will shape hammers, do somerepinning, clean & lube, etc., etc.,... do as much of a survey as possible,

Actually, whoever did this rebuilding, did a nice job with what wasavailable at the time.  Newer style capstans (still at an angle), newer keytops that may have replaced a bad keytop job, because there is new wood on the sides of the white keys. During a quick look I realized that many of the leads are covered by new wood--the only indicator of some of them is  the little drill bit tip hole on the "other side" of the key. Hmm, that
might make things interesting!

My biggest challenge right now is since I'm still recovering, I'm not quite up to a whole day's work--it's going to take a little while to get to everything.

Later,

Barbara Richmond, RPT