lesser of touch weight evils...

Barbara Richmond piano57 at insightbb.com
Wed Aug 23 06:47:29 MDT 2006

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ric Brekne" <ricbrek at broadpark.no>
To: <pianotech at ptg.org>
Sent: Wednesday, August 23, 2006 4:12 AM
Subject: lesser of touch weight evils...

> Hi Barbs.... can I call you that ?? :)

Aw, Ric, I might not answer you.  If you must, it's Berb or Barbie.  :-)

> When you looked at the key leads quickly did you have a chance to see
> roughly how many and what size were installed in keys from each section ..
> or get a sense of how much mass (low, medium, or loads) there was ?

Seems like there were 3 in the bass--towards the front.  That was all I
observed from lifting up the key, stack still on.

> Curious.  Looking forward to hearing more on this. Angled capstans still
> eh.. but changed... I wonder why. I've found that old dark greyish stuff
> to polish up nicely and get slick as a whistle.

Well, I <assumed> they had been replaced because they are the modern ones
and not the old style.  Heaven knows, I've been wrong before.

First day of school!  Have to get the boy up & ready.

Barbara Richmond