faster whippen - Fandrich

Cy Shuster cy at shusterpiano.com
Fri Aug 25 12:07:45 MDT 2006

I've regulated one of the early ones (with "Fandrich" on the fallboard), and there's definitely a learning curve.  You have to carefully adjust the hammer return springs and the rep springs, which oppose each other.  I wasn't able to get a video, but I got extensive phone help from them.

The action does play beautifully, with the feeling of connection between keys and hammers.  This early model needed a downweight of almost 60 grams to play well.  I don't know what the current specs are.

--Cy--
shusterpiano.com