String Replacement Question

Arlin Hall ahall12 at austin.rr.com
Sat Aug 26 21:00:11 MDT 2006

Dear List.

I have the pleasure ot replaceing a couple of strings on a Baldwin Acrosonic
drop action spinet in a couple of days.  This is a plain wire pair right
smack dab in the middle of the beast at about D#4.  A while back a guy at
Schaff's gave me condolences when he heard I was working on a drop action
spinet.  I know they are not a fun thing.  My question is this:  Is this
significantly easier if I remove the action?  Or is that too big a pain?
Aby other tips as I approach this challenge?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Arlin Hall