measuring downbearing on Kaps piani?

KeyKat88 at aol.com KeyKat88 at aol.com
Wed Aug 30 11:12:46 MDT 2006

Greeetings,

        Thanks for all previous help on Kaps piano questions. I have one
more... If I CA the pinblock of this Kaps piano, I would like to make a
downbearing measurement first before I do anything. How do I measure that? WHo sells a
good gage instrument for this, and how do I use it? What am I looking for?

By the way... I always use the word "dope" even though I mean CA glue, when I
am explainging the "loose tuning pin " problem and how to remedy it to the
customer.......After all .....how professional does it sound if you tell them
you are going to put Krazy Glue in their block?!!...they'd probably say "
Ummm....no thanks" and then think , "Woah...I better call a professional tuner"

So...who sells a good downbearing gage? How do I use it?

THanks
Julia Gottshall
Reading PA