Problems with new Steinways

Erwinspiano at aol.com Erwinspiano at aol.com
Tue Dec 5 19:50:53 MST 2006

RIc
  Thanks
  I like David Loves commentary.  Seems to strike  home with me. Steinway
drives the world industry. Take it or leave it, it  doesn't matter & I can't nor
do I care to change it.  What I would  change is dialogue from them to the
Attending Technician in the case of  warranties.  I'd like to be treted as an
ally instead of a peon  whos's not trying to help or treated as though I
couldn't possibly know as much as they in regards to the service  protocol their
piano.
  Pedantic attitude comes to mind.

  Dale

I  dunno... you can go round and round and never get at the root.  One
thing is clear.  There are several techs on these lists who observe
Steinway & Sons with detest on several counts.  And thats not a  good
thing me thinks.  If there is a significant real problem with NY  S&S...
one that is indeed markant in relation to the industry at large  and in
particular Steinways position in that.... then I wonder what is the  best
way of dealing with it.  Strikes me that the present course many  are on
is aimed at destruction.  Is that what folks really want  ?  The last of
the American greats to ... disappear ?

Well...  this isnt exactly the kind of <<experience>> tale you were
after.... but it was on my  mind.

Cheers
RicB