The Soundboard bit.. was Steinways / David Andersen

William R. Monroe pianotech at a440piano.net
Fri Dec 8 11:48:49 MST 2006

Ric,

Get over it.  I don't think we're all saying that only S&S boards are [bad]
or whatever.  I think the main point here remains that a company that claims
to be the best in the world, should be producing a top quality product.
Their soundboards are not.  Neither are their actions, for that matter.  So
if it confuses the issue for you to think that S&S pianos have problems with
soundboards in addition to other problems, I think that is for you to
reconcile, not the list.

Interesting, though that you point out:

"Now why only Steinways... who are a bit more moderate then some in how much
they dry out their panels then some to begin with....."

Do you think that the fact that their boards are not dried as much could
contribute to problems?

Best,
William R. Monroe