Problems

BRETT GLASS bgpianoman at email.com
Fri Dec 8 16:14:37 MST 2006

Gee I thought it was just me. The local Arts & cultural center has a D
that I tune . When I first got the contract to tune for them I was
excited . Now I don't look forward to it . The 5th & 6th octaves have
this harsh buzzing sound . Is that what you mean by killer octave ? I
even thought that something was loose on the soundboard, nothing found. I
called the Tech that went to New York to pick it out for them and asked
him . He thought that it is OK no problem. And says concert performers
like a piano like that . I don't think so. Although it does sound better
when your setting in the auditorium .  I had the pleasure of replacing an
Agraffe & tuning  a 1925 B yesterday . This piano was great. The best
Steinway I've ever played. The 5th & 6th octaves were clear as a bell
excellent. Some Tech in CA did a fantastic job. I only hope to do work
that good. By the way the agraffe came right out through the bottom of
the plate. Thank god. I was ready for a fight . Brett

--

Search for products and services at:
http://search.mail.com