The Soundboard bit.. RC&S

William R. Monroe pianotech at a440piano.net
Sun Dec 10 13:26:43 MST 2006

Ric,

For someone who wants others to be so factual and quantitative about
information they present, much of what you present as fact really is not.

You speculate on what Schimmel tried.  Same with Yamaha.  You have no
information as to what exactly they did.  I think we assume a lot when we
suggest that because a company is large and well-funded that they know how
to do things the "right" way.  I think that is one thing that got this
thread started initially re: S&S NY.

I like this quote from you, Ric,
"But I will be the first to admit my position is belief based when it comes
right down to it."

I don't think anyone could have said it better.

I also think that a good portion of why many independent rebuilders are
favoring RC&S boards is longevity of the board and it's intended
characteristics.

Best,
William R. Monroe