Now here is an interesting thought

Farrell mfarrel2 at tampabay.rr.com
Fri Dec 15 14:06:36 MST 2006

No Ric - sorry - I was joking. I was talking about the bracing - the large
beams that run from the rim to the belly rail. Most modern pianos do not
have any bracing up in the treble area - we often add bracing up there. On
your Bluthner, the entire treble end of the belly rail has what appears to
be a huge beam, maybe 30 cm across - your treble belly rail has massive
support!

Terry Farrell