Agraffes in uprights

Ron Nossaman rnossaman at cox.net
Tue Dec 26 09:33:05 MST 2006

> I've always felt that verticals with agraffes have a clearer tone with
> less false beating.  The strings render well, too, making it easier to
> tune well.  JMHO

I've *never* found false beating to be the fault of the V
mound and pressure bar. JMHO2

> Just to suggest an example: Two pianos: one w/agraffes, the other a S&S
> 1045 w/that huge pressure bar.  Which one would you want to tune?  Or
> play, for that matter?
>
> Tom Sivak

Anything can be done badly, with the proper motivation and
inertia. Shouldn't I also get to chose from one of the
thousands of pressure bar equipped pianos out there that *are*
tunable, unlike the S$S verticals?
Ron N