ethics question

JIMRPT at aol.com JIMRPT at aol.com
Fri Dec 29 16:42:15 MST 2006

In a message dated 12/29/06 2:31:38 PM, tvaktvak at sbcglobal.net writes:

> List
>
>  What to do, what to do...
>
>  A client has a new Essex grand, purchased less than a year ago.  The local
> Steinway dealer assigned me the freebie first tuning on the piano which I
> performed almost 6 months ago.  At this point, the client is now mine.
>
>  At that first tuning I was alarmed to find that most of the tuning pins
> were way too loose.  I'm not being picky here; I wasn't sure if the piano would
> even hold the tuning when I left.  So I called the head of the tech dept. at
> the dealer to inform him about the loose pins.

Tom no ethical problem here...tell the customer. Also tell the store owner
that the customer has been told. Put in writing your efforts to this point and
share with the customer and store. Don't let the customer/store problem become
yours and if you keep putting off informing all ,involved you are digging a
hole you will have a hard time getting out of.
 Try going to the Store owner   first but whatever the result...... 'tell the
customer'.......
Tact, Diplomacy and patience are called for here. :-)
My thoughts
Jim Bryant (FL)