ethics question

David Andersen david at davidandersenpianos.com
Fri Dec 29 17:37:37 MST 2006

"Your loyalty should always be with the customer
and not ever the dealer..."
Amen. Period. Full stop.

"...unless they have you under their thumb."
Whoa, dude. That's a dark vision, Jonny Boy. And the rub; see below.

> After the 'company man' has let the piano slip past warranty with
> problems which should have
> been addressed I come in and rectify things.
SADLY: Ain't it the truth? The unspoken dirty little secret of our
business. I have generated many, many thousands in work because of
this reality as the "independent." And we've ALL been guilty of being
the "company man" at some point, have we not?  I know I have,
countless times. 'Fess, up boys & girls---

> The customers are always amazed at the improvement
> and wonder why the 'tuner' never pointed it out.
Because they're naive and have ignorant assumptions in this realm, in
the same way I'm naive and have ignorant assumptions in other realms.
That's why it feels great to educate---you're giving people the
truth, which is power.

> Heck, the customers thought it was supposed to
> play like that.
Ignorance and naivete. And disrespect, until you got there, stud.

> Educate your customer, it's the dealer's MO to pull the wool over
> their eyes.
Sad, but mostly true.
> --
> Regards,