class rebuild work

John Ross jrpiano at win.eastlink.ca
Fri Sep 1 15:19:16 MDT 2006

Speaking of Chickering.
Today I went to a 1/4 Grand, and the hammer blow measurement seemed too
much.
I got the brass gauge I had, 1 3/4" and raised a sample hammer. It had
to be raised looked like 1/2".
I figured that was too much of a change.
What should the hammer blow measurement be.
It is about a 1924 vintage.

I really like the, what looks like popsicle stick repair, on yours Ron.
John M. Ross
Windsor, Nova Scotia, Canada.
jrpiano at win.eastlink.ca