Bolduc Wood Glue

Ron Nossaman rnossaman at cox.net
Mon Sep 4 08:00:19 MDT 2006

> You have given me two of the time parameters - working time and full set
> time. What I need is recommended clamping time - i.e. should an hour in
> the vacuum bag be sufficient or do I need to leave the vacuum pump on
> all night?
>
> I appreciate your input, and that will be useful to me as the bottle has
> no information on it whatsoever, but as you can see, it's that "other"
> thing I am looking for!  ;-)
>
> Terry Farrell

Hi Terry,
The glue is probably a PVA, and should have a clamp time
similar to Titebond. Spend a dab of glue, a couple of sticks
of scrap spruce, and a half hour under vacuum and see if you
can pry the joint apart afterward without destroying the
spruce. In lieu of an official number, a practical test should
tell you what you need quickly and cheaply.
Ron N