Zuckerman harpsichord kit

Dave Smith dsmith941 at comcast.net
Mon Sep 4 07:55:35 MDT 2006

Barbara,

Yes a pic of the jack elastic would help.  I just finished building a Zuckerman virginal last year, and needed to use small threads on each bass jack to limit the motion of the springs, not to strengthen them.  Never seen it on a harpsichord, though.  Jack spacing on virginals is tighter I think.

As to the length adjustment, possible, but not as convenient as screws:  just belt sander (careful) to shorten and add masking tape layers to lengthen.  I built a Zuckerman harpsichord years ago and ended up adding the screws.

I have a copy of my instructions for the old harpsichord I built c.1975.  Could copy for you, or maybe Zuckerman still has them available.

Dave Smith
SW FL