Zuckerman harpsichord kit

Conrad Hoffsommer hoffsoco at luther.edu
Mon Sep 4 08:37:17 MDT 2006

At 09:55 AM 9/4/2006 -0400, you wrote:
>Barbara,
>
>Yes a pic of the jack elastic would help.  I just finished building a
>Zuckerman virginal last year, and needed to use small threads on each bass
>jack to limit the motion of the springs, not to strengthen them.  Never
>seen it on a harpsichord, though.  Jack spacing on virginals is tighter I
>think.
>
>As to the length adjustment, possible, but not as convenient as
>screws:  just belt sander (careful) to shorten and add masking tape layers
>to lengthen.  I built a Zuckerman harpsichord years ago and ended up
>adding the screws.
>Dave Smith
>SW FL

Dave,

Where did you put the screws? There ain't a whole lot of meat to drill and
tap...

Conrad Hoffsommer - Keyboard Technician
1-(563)-387-1204 // Fax 1-(563)-387-1076

- Right now, I'm hoping to live until my age matches my golf score,
- Until then, I'll have to be content to have my IQ match my handicap.