LA Times article

Mark Schecter schecter at pacbell.net
Mon Sep 4 08:28:25 MDT 2006

Hi, Tom.

You probably came close to the real story, but look how long it took us
as a group of people with inside knowledge of the realities to dredge
that up from the swamp. Meanwhile, the story as reported by the tech &
the story writer has done its job of skewing the public's idea of how a
professional tech works, and appointed himself and his ways as the
keepers of the flame and the One True Way. Nobody made him adjust his
story-telling from honest to blowhard. I would be eternally embarassed
to have ever once treated the artist, the hall, and/or my employer with
the profound disrespect implicit in his story as he told it. To proudly
trumpet it as a war story representative of one's capabilities is beyond
my understanding. Somebody in a position of such responsibility ought to
have better sense than to telegraph to his future clients how he might
take care of their needs.

-Mark Schecter