LA Times article

David Andersen david at davidandersenpianos.com
Mon Sep 4 12:02:11 MDT 2006

On Sep 4, 2006, at 9:52 AM, David Ilvedson wrote:

> I would imagine our esteemed friend David Andersen knows this
> fellow?  Dave's probably off on holiday for the weekend and has
> missed the drama...
>
> David Ilvedson, RPT
> Pacifica, CA  94044

No, I'm here....it's when you read something you really know about in
a paper or magazine that you realize how much pure bullshit there is
in this world.  Ron Elliott is a really good piano tech, and a lone-
wolf, non-collegial kind of guy who has a big bias about aural
tuning; I had the same bias until I got collegial and started seeing
that a GREAT tuning can be created by ears alone, or by the aid of an
ETD---it depends solely on the craft of the tuner.

Elliott didn't make the preposterous statement about no union, no
standards, no nothing....it was the Steinway guy from New York.  What
a shame.  The guild does so much good, so much continuing
education----and the recognition and marketing factor is zero among
even the piano-savvy public.  I will write a letter to the LA Times
in rebuttal to the article---it's good PR for me, in a strange way.

DA