Kbd lock

Richard Morgan rsanbornmorgan at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 5 22:04:30 MDT 2006

I had a call on my voice mail from a teacher who had a piano moved into his office.  He needs a lock and/or key--wasn't clear from his message, so I will have to talk to him tomorrow.

Covering bases, here are my questions for the list:
If it is a typical fall board lock with skeleton key, are the keys universal, such that I can just order a key?  I assume that, failing its universality, I can order a lock and key set from Pianotek, remove the existing lock and install the new one with key.
If he needs a new lock, I'd just as soon sell him a Hands Off Fallboard Lock, listed in Pianotek for 53.95, to which I would apply a usual markup, plus an hourly rate for installation.  Does this sound right?  It would end up costing about $150.
This is for a university.  Do I request a purchase order before I do the work?  I can imagine the red tape that could screw things up.
I appreciate your responses.

Richard Morgan, still discovering new experiences.