=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Re:_Bridge_Seating_(was_Re:_Where_to_notch_a_bridge, &_relative_effects_?????_(Advice_sought)?=

Ron Nossaman rnossaman at cox.net
Fri Sep 8 07:05:23 MDT 2006

> Also...I think it is a real disservice to technicians, especially new ones, to express your phobia (I can't think of what else it can be?).

How about education through research? Aren't we ideally
supposed to try to learn from our experience, rather than go
through the motions of the first thing we were taught for the
rest of our lives?

>  Go ahead, Ron, recap that brand new piano, because that's where the problem is

Yes, that's where the problem is, and yes, I have at least
CA'd bridges (without seating strings) in new pianos to
correct wild trebles. While I didn't see the strings move, it
did clear up the tone. How do you account for that if the
strings just needed seated?

...while your at it redesign soundboard...but wait!   Why do
that...it isn't going to last...

Compared to results gotten from seating strings, it already
has lasted far longer.
Ron N