CP-60

Bruce D. Rempe bruce at iDataDesigns.com
Tue Sep 12 09:03:21 MDT 2006

I'm with you Terry!  I think they're pretty cool.  But, it seems that not
everyone in this group shares that enthusiasm.

In order to truly appreciate these instruments, you have to consider and
understand the intent of their design, and the point-in-technological-time
that they were created in.  In many ways, they were pioneering, and quite
successful.

However, for the accoustic piano purist, they represent an approach that is
"offensive."  The purist needs to understand that these were the first,
early, and successful attempts to create a truly capable "road" piano.  And,
for that, they should be appreciated.

They were not intended for stationary home/church/auditorium usage.  But,
today you'll usually encounter them in homes being used "instead" of a true
accoustic.  And, that - I believe - is what accoustic technicians take issue
with.  And, I don't blame them.

Thanks for your feedback!!

-bruce